Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I throw thugs from rooftops at night.

 


So I've really wanted to give digital painting a go for awhile. Now that I've just installed CS5 on my computer, I figured now would be a good time to start! So, in line with my current obsession with Batman, I present a portrait of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. I tried to show my process a little here with the colors I laid out, and then the finished with I tried to refine. Any critique is welcome, as this is my first go at it, and painting digitally is something I want to try again.

Photoshop and Wacom Tablet.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice! I LOVE how painterly it is, instead of being "photoshoppy"! Your application of the media is greay, and the colors you chose are very nice. Three quick critiques though, 1. His mouth/nose are a little too short, pull them down a bit maybe? 2. His mouth is still a tad too full and 3. The greenish color you used around his eyes and and mouth is still just a tad too saturated. it's kind of startling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really drawn to how you painted his hair, and the lighting looks fantastic. I've looked at this entry a few times and only now realized that you painted his tie red....

    Keep it up, Allyson! You make me want to paint digitally again. MUST DO IT. :D

    ReplyDelete